Controlling Parts Of Lathe Machine & Their Function
1) LEVER FOR DIRECT OR BACK GEAR DRIVE.
2) KNOB FOR MAIN GEAR ENGAGE OR DISENGAGE.
3) HALF NUT OPERATING LEVER.
4) CROSS SLIDE SCREW HANDWHEEL.
5) TOOL POST BOLT.
6) TOOL POST CLAMPING LEVER.
7) COMPOUND SCREW HANDLE.
8) APRON HANDWHEEL.
9) TAILSTOCK QUILL CLAMPING LEVER.
10) TAILSTOCK CLAMPING LEVER OR HEX BOLT.
11) TAILSTOCK QUILL HANDWHEEL.
BASIC CONTROLLING PARTS OF LATHE AND THEIR FUNCTION
1) Lever for direct drive and back gear drive:
i) This Function of this lever is to change the direct to back gear drive and similarly back gear drive to the direct drive.
2) Knob for main gear engage/disengage:
i) This is the spring loaded knob. Before putting the machine in the back gear drive. Pull out this knob with pin from main gear.
3) Half – Nut Operating Lever :
i) This lever used to engage or disengaged the half-nut with the lead screw while threading.
4) Cross Slide Screw hand wheel :
i) The function of this hand wheel is to operate the cross slide in transverse direction. A graduated micro-ring is provided on this hand wheel.
5) Tool post bolts :
i) The cutting tool is holding by these bolts in between the tool post. Use the tool post spanner for tighten or loosen these bolts.
6) Tool post clamping lever :
i) During the turning process, sometimes it is necessary to give an angle to the cutting tool. By means of this lever you can clamp the tool post at required position.
7) Compound screw handle :
i) Compound top slide is operated by this handle in longitudinal direction. A graduated micro-ring is provided with this handle.
8) Apron hand wheel :
i) By using this hand wheel you can give longitudinal direction to the carriage with cross slide and compound slide on the bed guide ways.
9) Tailstock quill clamping lever :
i) This lever used to clamp the tailstock quill in required position.
10) Tailstock clamping lever or hex bolt.
i) This lever used to clamp the tailstock body at the required distance on the bed.
11) Tailstock quill hand wheel :
i) The tailstock quill is operating by the tailstock hand wheel. A graduated micro ring is provided on this hand wheel.